Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rag Garland and Ornaments

The xmas holidays are over, but I am still thinking about decorations. The two decorations I want to make for myself before next year are raggedy fabric garlands and ball ornaments. I've already purchased some syrofoam balls for the ornaments, now I just need some string lights and some fabric.




The darling ornaments above can be found here. I love the ones covered in burlap. Burlap is another fascination I have right now. I'll create a post just for burlap soon.




I love this primitive rag garland from Brown Paper Packages.




I also love this more elegant rag garland using a string of lights. I found it here along with a great tutorial.

I'm thinking I'll create a more primitive look in the living room. I want to use a strand of white lights on green wire and attach green fabrics so that it mimics greenery. In the dining room, I want to work mainly with whites, creams, and browns (like burlap). Maybe I'll add a little bling in there with some white glitter to mimic snow and a few touches of silver or gold. Now that I've actually experienced snow on December 25th, I don't feel as silly using snow as a decorating theme.

Creating xmas decorations is not that high on my priority list, however, so we'll see if I get any made by next year or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment