Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Burlap Love


Alas, another holiday decoration. This one is from Ucreate.



I found this chair over at The Passionate Home. I have a chair I found at the thrift store that will be perfect for recovering in burlap. I could stencil our monogram on it or a design incorporating a dragonfly or two (another love of mine).



I don't have anywhere to put this hanging light fixture, but those curtains would be great in my dining room. I got both these images from Potato Boutique, a blog devoted to burlap. Go visit the site and check out all the amazing purses made from burlap potato sacks.


A burlap bulletin board is another project I could handle. I have a love for beautiful, organized workspaces too, even though I don't really work and can't get organized to save my life. This lovely workspace was found over at Designed to Shine.


You can purchase these lovely napkin rings from EAB Designs. Check out the shop owner's beautiful blog here.



Burlap is being featured in many ways at weddings these days from tabecloths and tablerunners to invitations. The picture of this tablerunner was found at Young House Love, and these wedding invitations, which I wish I had thought of first, were found over at Love and Lavender. I designed my own wedding with a rustic style, but I never once thought of using burlap. It would have made a great addition. And it's inexpensive too!

Once I get all the other more important things marked off of my New Year's to-do list, I am going to make something burlap for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment