Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin



One of these greenish-colored heirloom pumpkins is baking in the oven right now. Man did it take a while to cut that sucker open. It took even longer to rinse off all of the seeds. I think it was worth it, though. It is nice to get back to basics. No canned pumpkin for me this year. Well, there really isn't canned pumpkin for me any year, because I come from a sweet-potato-pie-for-Thanksgiving-and-Christmas family. I'm going to roast my first batch of pumpkin seeds from scratch sometime on Friday, and hopefully the meat of the pumpkin will become part of a delicious pumpkin and cream cheese pie before I go to bed tonight. I plan on using the rest of the pumpkin in some muffins. I'll save those for the weekend.

More later about where I got the pumpkin...

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment