Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm having a baby!




Well, I will have to get that nursery together sooner rather than later. I'm pregnant!!!

My husband and I, although he keeps reminding me that it was actually my idea, decided to have a go at this baby-making thing in late January. I never expected it to work so soon, but here I am in my seventh week. My little sweet pea is due to arrive November 4. I am hoping he or she holds off until the 5th because that was my paternal grandmother's birthday.

I would love to honor my paternal grandmother by naming the baby after her, but I wouldn't name a girl or boy with her name. Growing up I thought my grandmother's first name was Clyde. That is what everyone called her. It wasn't until a few years ago that my cousins and I learned that Clyde was her middle name. Her first name, and you are thinking it can't get any worse than Clyde, was Vernon. Vernon Clyde. Now that's some kind of name.

Both of my grandmothers were, and still are, very special to me. My paternal grandmother (Vernon Clyde) passed away when I was sixteen. My maternal grandmother died a year or two before I got married(six or seven years ago). My husband and I have decided to name our baby Kate if it's a girl after my maternal grandmother.

If the baby is a boy, we plan on naming him Luke after my husband's uncle. His Uncle Luke, who is actually an uncle by marriage to his father's sister, was like a grandfather to my husband. His real name was Luscious, but everyone called him Luke.

At least the deciding of names is mostly out of the way. Now for all the other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment